Plantation Women’s Soccer Club (PWSC) started in September of 2009. The league started out on Friday nights for some competitive, yet fun, games of soccer where women can come play and unwind from a stressful week. The PWSC has since grown to a larger, more competitive club, with 7v7 leagues on Tuesday and Friday, Coed on Thursdays, and full field 11v11 on Sundays.
To provide the women of South Florida the opportunity to participate in a competitive soccer league by teaching and demonstrating soccer skills, sportsmanship, honesty, respect, and fair play. To provide a safe environment where women can not only excel in their soccer skills but also learn the importance of physical fitness in their lives. To provide an atmosphere where the player’s emotional well-being will be nurtured as they learn the importance of teamwork, determination, persistence, and hard work. All members will work towards instilling the enjoyment and fun aspects of the beautiful game of soccer.
- Be the model organization for women’s soccer in Broward, Palm Beach, and Miami-Dade Counties…. Plus anyone else who would love to join!
- Be the ultimate resource for women’s soccer in South Florida.
- Provide a seamless range of soccer opportunities for women’s soccer in South Florida.
- Promote a positive, healthy and safe playing environment.
- Promote integrity and high ethical standards.
- Encourage teamwork, leadership, respect and family values through the sport of soccer.
- Dependable, accountable, and responsive towards its members.
- Well managed and fiscally responsible.
- Forward thinking, creative, and innovative.
The goal of the Plantation Women’s Soccer Club is to develop women’s soccer through recreational and competitive programs based on an integration of soccer skills development, community service, and good sportsmanship. The program will have a basic commitment to providing a positive “soccer club” environment where everyone works together to achieve this goal.