Rules for the Friday 7v7 League
- Games will consist of two 30 minute halves and a 5 minute halftime. At the half, teams will switch sides.
- If you are a sub, it is your responsibility to get yourself in and out of the game. If your name is called for a sub PLEASE be respectful and sub out. Be fair.
- Captains are there to remind you of game times and communicate with the Board about things that need to be worked on.
- There will be no adding of new players after the 5th game. All rosters will freeze for the remainder of the season, unless it is a season ending injury or a pregnancy.
- We will have a 6 yard rule to protect our keepers. You are not allowed to touch/shoot the ball from within the 6 yard area of your opponents GK area. GK’s can only handle the ball if it is headed back to them. Everything else is considered a pass back and GK’s are not allowed to handle the ball on a pass back. If the GK handles a pass back, it will result in a penalty kick.
- Please be respectful of your team mates and your opposing team mates at all times.
- There will be no taunting or inappropriate celebrations after scoring a goal.
- If you get fouled and feel as if you are getting upset, please remove yourself from the game and sub back in when you have calmed down. Fouls happen. It’s part of the game, do not get into any verbal or physical altercations over it.
- Show good sportsmanship at all times. If you foul someone simply apologize, shake everyone’s hands after the game. Sub in and out fairly. If you are a sub, make sure to call someone out and get yourself in the game.
- Inappropriate name calling will not be tolerated.
- Overly aggressive and dirty play will not be tolerated.
- NO VERBAL or PHYSICAL ALTERCATIONS WILL BE TOLERATED. Just one offense can and will get you removed from the league and you will not be asked to return.
- If you miss 3 or more games, you can and will be replaced from someone on the waiting list. It is not fair to sign up for the league and miss without calling or letting your team captain know in advance. You should not sign up for the league if you know in advance that you will be missing more than 3 games. This rule will be strictly enforced. We understand life happens, but, if it is not an emergency PLEASE do your absolute best to make it to all of your games. Your team is depending on you.
- Be respectful to the officials. If there is an issue, please have your team captain speak with the referee at half time or after the game.